Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eating Out 1- Olive Garden

It can be hard to find healthy/ paleo friendly choices when eating out. Here are some relatively good choices that I like when I'm out.

When you think of Italian food, you think of bread and pasta. This can make a paleo lifestyle hard when your wife loves the soup, salad, & breadsticks meal at the Olive Garden There are a few items on the menu that aren't all together bad.

Here are some of the choices I like to go with.

Venetian Apricot Chicken

Grilled chicken breast in an apricot citrus sauce. Served with broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes.

The apricot citrus sauce almost certainly has refined sugar added to it, but otherwise this is a good choice.


Skewered chicken marinated in Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil. Served with Tuscan potatoes and grilled vegetables.

The skewered chicken is one of my favorites here. Just make sure you ask for an extra serving of veggies instead of the potatoes. The same goes for my other favorite the Mixed Grill


It's all about knowing your options and having a plan to stay on track with your goals. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment